Helen Blake and Patricia Stevenson (pictured here) received their degrees as the first Commencement class. Graduates and students wore Oxford gowns because the academic caps and gowns of the day were not yet at Rosemont. The number of graduates quadrupled to eight for the next year and reached 14 the following year.
Mrs. Bertha Kistler (pictured above with her husband Sedgewick), a former student of Sharon, took an active interest in Rosemont following the death of her daughter, Gertrude, in a drowning accident in 1920.
Mr. and Mrs. Kistler sought a fitting memorial for Gertrude. And so, the Gertrude Kistler Memorial Library was dedicated by Cardinal Dougherty on June 7, 1926.
The College’s Honor Society was named the Kistler Club in honor of Rosemont’s generous donors.
The library basement was used as a chapel until the Immaculate Conception Chapel was built in 1939.