This Week In Band
Congratulations to Allen Football as they advance to the third round of the UIL 6A Division 1 Playoffs. Our next football game is scheduled against Midland Legacy HS on Saturday, November 25th at Shotwell Stadium (Abilene, TX).
Holiday performance conflicts: Please remember that all students were required to submit the Advanced Conflict Form for all performances (including potential playoff games) back in August. Students are still expected and required to be at all performances through playoff season. Since we are all on break, directors will not be able to process your emails this week. As of today, we will not be able to adjust meals and charter bus transportation reservations. Please see the band handbook regarding communication of illnesses to receive an excused absence; you will need to provide documentation from a medical professional. If you did not submit an absence regarding this week in August on the Advanced Conflict Form or communicate with your director last week about Thanksgiving absences, you will not receive an excused absence.
- PLAYOFF GAME 3 - Allen vs. Midland Legacy (Sat, Nov 25) at Shotwell Stadium (Abilene, TX): We will wear our traditional uniforms (blue uniform shirt) with no gloves, gauntlets, and shakos. Call time & Rehearsal is 10:45am. We'll provide lunch, dinner, and snacks. Anticipated arrival back is 11pm. ITINERARY HERE.
- Tuxedo Shirt/Accessories Purchase: If your concert uniform is a tuxedo, students/parents are required to purchase your own white tux shirt (with wing collar), bow tie, and cummerbund. You can get all of the above from Amazon or through your preferred formalwear vendor/store. Here are low-priced Amazon links for your convenience: White Tux shirt with wing collar, Bow tie/cummerbund.
- Absences/Tardies: THERE IS NO EXCUSED ABSENCE REQUEST FORM IN 2023-24. The only way a student can receive an excused absence for a rehearsal or performance is through e-mail communication with the student’s band director from a parent. In addition, advanced conflict forms were due on Aug. 18, 2023 to consider performance conflicts. See Band Handbook for more details.
2024-2025 Wind Auditions
Auditions for placement in AHS band classes for the 2024-2025 school year will be December 15-23 during band classes at AHS/LFC. Please note that class placement is for the entire school year. This will be the only placement audition, and students will not change band classes in the middle of the school year. Please see links below - start practicing now.
Winter Concerts featuring Composer Randall Standridge
Wednesday, December 6
- 6:00pm Combined Middle School Honor Bands (5:30pm Call Time)
- 6:20pm LFC Wind Ensemble (5:50pm Call Time)
- 6:50pm AHS Wind Ensemble (6:20pm Call Time)
- 7:25pm AHS Concert Band (6:55pm Call Time)
- 7:45pm AHS Symphonic Band 1 (7:15pm Call Time
Thursday, December 7
- 6:30pm LFC Concert Band (6:00pm Call Time)
- 6:50pm AHS Symphonic Band 3 (6:20pm Call Time)
- 7:10pm AHS Symphonic Band 2 (6:40pm Call Time)
- 7:35pm LFC Symphonic Band (7:05pm Call Time)
- 7:55pm AHS Wind Symphony (7:25pm Call Time)
EVENTS THIS WEEK
The TWIB Notes will not publish morning concert band rehearsals. The directors of each ensemble will communicate their morning rehearsal schedules from this point on.
- Sat, Nov 25: Playoff Game #3 vs. Midland Legacy @ Shotwell Stadium (Abilene, TX). 10:45am Call Time. 11:00pm Approximate Return. ITINERARY HERE.
Allen High School/Lowery Freshman Center Band Staff
- Dr. Philip Obado, Director of Bands, Allen ISD
- Dr. Steven Knight, Associate Director of Bands & Marching Band Director
- Joshua Blankenship, Director of Bands, Lowery Freshman Center
- Miles Locke, Percussion Director & Assistant Band Director
- Andrew Camp, Colorguard Director & Assistant Band Director
- Alex Baczewski, Assistant Band Director & Jazz Studies Director
- Neil Hicks, Assistant Band Director (LFC)
- Jeremy Rohr, Assistant Band Director
- Susan Fulk, Performing Arts Administrative Assistant