STEP 1: REVIEW ALL REQUIRED EXECUTIVE OFFICER TRAININGS
- Risk Management & Negligence
- Emergency Action Plan & Severe Weather
- Concussion Education & Mental Health Resources
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Facility Usage & Scheduling
STEP 2: COMPLETE AND PASS THE FINAL QUIZ
If you are an Executive Officer and Safety Officer for your club, you only need to complete and pass the Executive Officer quiz. **However, you will need to complete all other checklist items as a Safety Officer.
A minimum score of 90% is required to pass the quiz.
STEP 3: REVIEW AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
IMLEAGUES will be available on August 17 for clubs to begin onboarding new players.
**Executive Officers and Safety Officers have been added in advance and will need to complete their quiz and forms.
Part-time students will need to pay the part-time student fee online or at the RAC front desk to be eligible.
DOES YOUR CLUB PLAN TO HOST TRYOUTS?
If yes, please have all members complete the assumption of risk on Mason360 for each day of tryouts.
Once tryouts have concluded, all members must immediately join IMLeagues and complete all requirements.
It is highly recommended that executive officers schedule a zoom call to walk their new members through how to properly complete the documents.
- Alumni Engagement: Discover the art of fostering lasting connections and building a strong network of support through our Alumni Engagement Training. Designed specifically for club sport officers, this interactive session will equip you with the essential skills and strategies to effectively engage with alumni, promoting a sense of community and loyalty.
- Event Planning and Execution: Learn the ins and outs of organizing successful club sport events, from initial conceptualization to implementation and evaluation. Gain valuable tips for effective communication, logistics management, and risk assessment.
- Leadership and Team Management: Discover effective leadership strategies, learn how to foster team cohesion, and gain insights into motivating and inspiring your fellow club sport members.
- Marketing and Promotion: Explore innovative ways to promote your club and engage with your target audience. Discover effective strategies for social media marketing, branding, and building strong partnerships within the campus and local community.
SAVE THE DATE!
Visit with Student Organizations and University Offices to discover how to get involved at George Mason University!
Rec Sensation: Tuesday, August 22; 11am - 1pm *mandatory event for clubs. Event will be held on Wilkins plaza.
IVth Night: Tuesday, August 24; 5pm - 7pm *mandatory event for clubs. Event will be held on RAC Field.
Get Connected Fair: Wednesday, August 30; 11am - 2pm *registration closes August 26. This is the largest involvement fair with around 350 Student Organizations.
Splash Night: Date TBD; 8pm - 10pm *Aquatic based clubs only. Event will be held at the AFC.
NEW YARD-SIGN POLICY
STUDENT CENTERS: Outdoor Freestanding Displays (Yard-signs) are a great way for Mason Departments and Registered Student Organizations to promote their events and services to the Mason Community. Outdoor Freestanding Display zones are located outdoor the Student Centers buildings (Johnson Center, Student Union Building I, and The Hub). Due to the limited number of zones, External Organizations and individuals are not able to reserve Outdoor Freestanding Display spaces.
Club Officers must reserve space through 25-Live.
MASON RECREATION: Lawn signs located around Mason Recreation Facilities must be approved by the Coordinator of Facility Operations for that building. All signs must be placed in the designated areas and removed at the agree upon time. The goal is to keep the areas cleaned and uncluttered.
General Policies and Procedures
- Requested space for lawn signs must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the request date.
- All requests are first come, first serve in the order they are received and will be approved by the Coordinator of Facility Operations at the respected facility where the sign is to be posted.
- There will be no more than 6 signs total allowed in the approved area at any given time per facility.
- Signs must include a QR code with the group’s contact information.
- Lawn signs may be posted for maximum of two weeks, and are to be removed within one business day after an advertised event/activity.
- All signs must be placed in the approved location (see photos below). Signs must be in the mulched areas and not in the grass. Signs placed in the grass will be removed.
- Mason Recreation reserves the right to relocate and remove lawn signs found to be in violation of posting procedures. Damaged, and outdated signs may be disposed of.
DOES YOUR CLUB HAVE A NEW OR RETURNING COACH FOR 2023-24?
Please submit the contact information for each of your coaches using the Mason360 for below. Deadline to submit is August 15
- July 21 - Coaches may begin submitting their onboarding documents via Mason360
- Coaches will utilize the link in their email to access the onboarding documents specific to their coaching status (volunteer or paid).
- Coaches will then complete the quiz, coaching agreement, and upload any relevant certifications (coaching certs, CPR/AED/First Aid, Safe Sport, Boating Safety, etc) to Mason360.
- **New coaches will be required to complete a background check via TRUSCREEN. *coaches may not begin with a club until all items have been completed.
- Coaches will be required to attend an in-person training at the RAC. (dates/times are listed in their onboarding packet in Mason360
*As of July 1, 2022 all high-risk club sport organizations are required to have a qualified coach/instructor. Proof of certification or resume history will be required.
START OF THE SEMESTER
- Meet with all members of the organization to discuss the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization for the upcoming semester and academic year. This is a great opportunity to discuss member expectations, dues, and share important information from the Club Sports Office.
- Ensure attendance has been reported in IMLeagues immediately following each club practice or competition.
- Monday = submit your weekly report in Mason360 before midnight
- Monday = submit hotel receipts from the past weekend to your club sport administrator
- Monday/Tuesday – review your club roster for anyone that has missing documents and remind them of the deadlines.
- Physicals & Baseline testing must be completed and submitted to the athletic trainer by 3PM on Wednesday. Extensions will not be granted.
- Wednesday = submit your travel itinerary in IMLeagues if your club will be traveling the upcoming weekend (due by 8am on Thursdays)
- Post regularly to your social media account and create engaging content. Remember to tag @masonclubsports
- Reconcile your bank statements
- Send dues reminders, as needed
- If your club utilizes coaches (volunteer or paid), hold a regular meeting to discuss club business
- Meet with all members of your organization to discuss club business. Document attendance and minutes from each meeting.
- Create a newsletter that can be shared with alumni, friends, and family on a regular cycle.
NEW MEMBER GUIDE
This guide provides important for individuals considering Mason Club Sports.
If your club will need to reserve space on campus that is not controlled by Mason Recreation, you must complete the 25-Live training. This includes kiosks, tables, classrooms, and etc.
This form must be submitted each Monday by midnight and include information from the previous week (Mon –Sun).
SAFETY & RISK MANAGMENT
- Connect2 - How to Submit an Accident or Incident Report
- Athletic Training Primer - This video will introduce club officers to what services are provided by the Club Sports Athletic Training staff, concussion education, and heat illness.
- How to Identify an Off-Campus CPR/AED/First Aid Course
- How to Submit Your Completed Sports Physical Form
REPORTING ACCIDENTS & INCIDENTS
- How to Enter Attendance via the IMLeagues Website
- How to Enter Attendance via the IMLeagues App
- How to View Your Roster and Member Eligibility Status
- How to Submit Your Travel Itinerary (to be completed August 17)
BUDGET & FINANCE
H&R BLOCK TAX CONTACT
Mason Recreation is unable to provide tax advice. Club Officers are highly encouraged to establish a relationship with an outside tax professional to assist you. Please see the contact information for a gentleman from H&R Block who is familiar with our program.
- Name: Raymond Girouard
- Contact Number: (703) 385-7592
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org