PARKS AND RECREATION
Veterans Day Celebration
Join us as we commemorate the service, sacrifice, and immeasurable contributions of our veterans who have proudly worn our country’s uniform to defend and preserve our precious liberty. The City of Temple City will celebrate Veterans Day on November 11, 2023. The celebration will take place at Temple City Park and feature speeches, aircraft flyovers, recognition of veterans in attendance, and other commemorative festivities. The program will begin at 10:30 a.m. at Temple City Park’s Performing Arts Pavilion, located at 9701 Las Tunas Dr., Temple City. For more information, please visit www.templecity.us/veterans.
Lights on Temple City
The holiday season in Temple City kicks-off on Friday, December 1st at Temple City Park with the annual Lights on Temple City event. Festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. and run through 9:00 p.m. The event also includes the holiday parade at 7:00 p.m. along Las Tunas Dr. Activities includes snow play areas, sled runs, arts and crafts, train rides, inflatable jumpers, photo opportunities, parade and of course photos with Santa! For more information please visit www.templecity.us/lights.
Holiday Decorating Contest
Calling all homes and businesses! The annual Holiday Decorating Contest launches from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. on the evenings of December 12-13, 2023. Residents and business owners alike are encouraged to show their festive spirit by dusting off those holiday decorations and untangling those holiday lights. The holidays are made for celebrating!
Contest Details & Rules:
- Only residences and businesses within the City of Temple City are eligible.
- There is no registration or cost required to participate.
- Judging will be based on holiday-themed decor on the exterior of a property.
- Contest judging typically takes place during the evenings of the second week of December. If you would like to be considered, please leave your holiday lights and decor on from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Judges will tour the entire city looking for the most festive properties.
- Winners will receive a Holiday Decorating Contest lawn sign and commemorative holiday ornament.
- Winners from the previous year are not eligible for the contest.