Year 4 live author experience
On the 27th September Year Four ‘virtually’ met the successful author Maz Evans who created the thrilling God Squad series. It was very exciting to hear about how Maz brings her characters to life and to hear about where she gets her inspiration. The children were intrigued that it takes Maz approximately 12 months to write a story, from the rough draft to completion. Her useful tips and advice on story writing were inspiring for all our future authors. From journaling to doodling, Maz suggested to get recording all your creative ideas!
My future, My Southend
As part of an initiative called My future, My Southend, children in Years 3 – 6 were able to take part in an online careers session. During the event, the children heard from three people whose jobs help keep others healthy and happy. These included: a nutritionist, a mental health pharmacy technician and an animal assisted therapist. It was fascinating hearing about what their jobs involved and the children asked some very insightful questions. Hopefully your child will be able to share what they learnt and what inspired them during the session.
If your child is absent for any reason, you should let us know by telephoning the school 01702468047 (option 1) on the morning of absence. Please provide your child's name, class and reason for absence. Please also keep us updated if the absence continues into the following day.
If you would like any support or advice on attendance or punctuality, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs S. Wyer, Attendance Administrator or Mrs D Morris Assistant Principal and Senior Leader For Attendance firstname.lastname@example.org
Website link: ATTENDANCE | portersgrange
Monday - Ham & Pineapple Pizza - Margherita Pizza - Jacket Potato with Baked Beans - Sweetcorn - Chocolate Rice Krispie Cake
Tuesday - Beef Bolognaise with Spaghetti - Vegan Bolognaise with Spaghetti - Jacket Potato with Cheese - Peas - Spiced Carrot Sponge
Wednesday - Roast Chicken with Roast Potatoes & Gravy - Macaroni & Cheese - Jacket Potato with Baked Beans or Cheese - Seasonal Greens - Vanilla Ice Cream
Thursday - Chicken Fajita Wrap - Vegetable Pasanda with Rice - Pasta with Roasted Tomato & Basil Sauce - Steamed Carrots - Maryland Cookie
Friday - Breaded Fish Fingers - Vegetable & Bean Chimichangas - Pasta with Cheese Sauce - Chips & Baked Beans - Chocolate & Courgette Sponge
- Monday 9th - Author visit
- Wednesday 11th - Panathalon 10 pin bowling
- Yr 5/6 TAG rugby competition
- Reception & Nursery reading workshop
- Friday 13th - Individual photos
- Monday 16th - Friday 20th - Book Fair
- Tuesday 17th - Parents Evening
- Wednesday 18th - Parents Evening
- Swordfish visiting Southend Planetarium
- Thursday 19th - Sea Turtle visiting Southend Planetarium
- Monday 23rd - Friday 27th - October Half Term
- Monday 30th - INSET Day
- Friday 17th - Children In Need
- Monday 20th - Year 5 & 6 visting the cinema
- Wednesday 6th - Flu Immunisations
- Tuesday 19th - Christmas dinner
- Thursday 21st December - Wednesday 3rd January - Christmas break