What are the film requirements?
The Festival de Eanes would like to challenge students in K-12 to produce either a narrative or animation/stop-motion film. The theme for this year is Community. Along with the theme, we will be requiring three items to be in your short film.
- The film must include the prop: a Backpack
- The film must include the video effect/filter: Green Screen or Picture in Picture
- The film must include the line of dialogue: "We’re all in this together"
Students are encouraged to think of creative ways to incorporate the props, effects, and dialogue into their films. This year, there needs to be at least one instance of a Green Screen effect or “chroma keying” in the film.
What are the rules?
If you are a K-12 student interested in entering a film into our film festival, see the full contest rules below.
How are the films judged?
Round 1: Campus Film Festival
The competition will be primarily campus based. Each campus will select the top 2 films to move on to the district film showcase (18 films total).
District Film Showcase
The district showcase will highlight the top 2 campus films on the district website.
Judges will critique and score the films based on the following rubric:
What are the prizes?
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation and the top 2 films from each campus will be showcased on the district website.
- December 9, 2023: Festival de Eanes Contest begins
- March 31, 2024: Deadline for Film Festival entries
- April 28, 2024: Deadline for campus judging
- May 5th, 2024: District finalists showcased on the district site
Ready to submit?
We have seen some amazing and creative films over the years. Click on the links below to view previous finalists.
Previous Grand Prize Winner:
The Lucky Duck Films (2019)