Clubs are REQUIRED to have a minimum of 1 qualified Safety Officer at each practice or game. Clubs will remain inactive until all required trainings are completed, and you have a minimum of two Safety Officers.
Safety Officers are required to complete the following training modules and quiz prior to August 30 or their first practice, whichever comes first.
If your club does not have a minimum of 2 Safety Officers who have completed all requirements a minimum of 24 hours prior to their first activity, it will be canceled until complete.
If you are an Executive Officer and a Safety Officer for your Club, you may skip steps 1 and 2 in the Safety Officer training below.
STEP 1: REVIEW ALL REQUIRED MODULES BELOW
- Risk Management & Negligence
- Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Concussions & Mental Health Illnesses
STEP 2: COMPLETE AND PASS THE SAFETY OFFICER QUIZ
*Do not complete the quiz prior to reviewing the material. As a Safety Officer you will be held responsible for knowing this information in the event of an emergency.
STEP 3: WATCH ATHLETICS & RECREATION SAFETY TRAINING VIDEO AND COMPLETE QUIZ
Athletics and Recreation Safety training covers Blood Borne Pathogens and Hazardous Substances. This training is only required once during your time as an officer. You will need to score a 100% on the quiz to pass. Individuals will be limited to 2 attempts.
STEP 4: UPLOAD CERTIFICATIONS &
Please upload your current First Aid/CPR/AED certification via the link below if you have not already done so.
STEP 5: COMPLETE THE SAFETY OFFICER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
STEP 6: ATTEND IN-PERSON SKILLS REVIEW
All Safety Officers will be required to register for one of the skills review sessions on:
Please use the link below to register for a session.
- Deadline has passed, please contact Masoncs@gmu.edu to schedule a time for your club members.
Coaches are eligible to become a Safety Officer. Please coordinate with your coach if they wish to become a Safety Officer. They will not count towards the minimum number per club, but will add an extra layer of protection for your team. If you have a coach, it is highly recommended that you have them get certified.
UPCOMING RED CROSS CLASSES OFFERED BY MASON RECREATION
Please review the list of upcoming class dates offered through Mason Recreation. Classes are FREE and available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Classes are a blended learning offering and require participants to complete an online portion prior to attending the in-person session. Individual that fail to complete the online portion will not be permitted to attend the in-person session.
- Saturday, September 9 (11AM - 4PM)
Would you prefer to take a course at your own pace over the next 4 weeks, while you are at home? If so, please watch this video on how to identify classes in your area and contact your club sport administrator to register and make payment. *You may pay for off-campus classes via your club bank account.
*It is highly recommended that if you have officers or coaches that need training prior to the fall, that you have them register for and complete a class at an off campus Red Cross location. This will enable them to work at their own pace and find a class that is near their place of residence.
IMLEAGUES will be available on August 17 for clubs to begin onboarding new players.
**Executive Officers and Safety Officers have been added in advance and will need to complete their quiz and forms.
Part-time students will need to pay the part-time student fee online or at the RAC front desk to be eligible.
DOES YOUR CLUB PLAN TO HOST TRYOUTS?
If yes, please have all members complete the assumption of risk on Mason360 for each day of tryouts.
Once tryouts have concluded, all members must immediately join IMLeagues and complete all requirements.
It is highly recommended that executive officers schedule a zoom call to walk their new members through how to properly complete the documents.
DOES YOUR CLUB HAVE A NEW OR RETURNING COACH FOR 2023-24?
Please submit the contact information for each of your coaches using the Mason360 for below. Deadline to submit is August 15
- July 21 - Coaches may begin submitting their onboarding documents via Mason360
- Coaches will utilize the link in their email to access the onboarding documents specific to their coaching status (volunteer or paid).
- Coaches will then complete the quiz, coaching agreement, and upload any relevant certifications (coaching certs, CPR/AED/First Aid, Safe Sport, Boating Safety, etc) to Mason360.
- **New coaches will be required to complete a background check via TRUSCREEN. *coaches may not begin with a club until all items have been completed.
- Coaches will be required to attend an in-person training at the RAC. (dates/times are listed in their onboarding packet in Mason360
*As of July 1, 2022 all high-risk club sport organizations are required to have a qualified coach/instructor. Proof of certification or resume history will be required.
START OF THE SEMESTER
- Meet with all members of the organization to discuss the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization for the upcoming semester and academic year. This is a great opportunity to discuss member expectations, dues, and share important information from the Club Sports Office.
- Ensure attendance has been reported in IMLeagues immediately following each club practice or competition.
- Monday = submit your weekly report in Mason360 before midnight
- Monday = submit hotel receipts from the past weekend to your club sport administrator
- Monday/Tuesday – review your club roster for anyone that has missing documents and remind them of the deadlines.
- Physicals & Baseline testing must be completed and submitted to the athletic trainer by 3PM on Wednesday. Extensions will not be granted.
- Wednesday = submit your travel itinerary in IMLeagues if your club will be traveling the upcoming weekend (due by 8am on Thursdays)
- Post regularly to your social media account and create engaging content. Remember to tag @masonclubsports
- Reconcile your bank statements
- Send dues reminders, as needed
- If your club utilizes coaches (volunteer or paid), hold a regular meeting to discuss club business
- Meet with all members of your organization to discuss club business. Document attendance and minutes from each meeting.
- Create a newsletter that can be shared with alumni, friends, and family on a regular cycle.
NEW MEMBER GUIDE
This guide provides important for individuals considering Mason Club Sports. This will be helpful to share with new members. It will help outline key policies and information related to Mason Club Sports.
This form must be submitted each Monday by midnight and include information from the previous week (Mon –Sun).
SAFETY & RISK MANAGMENT
- Connect2 - How to Submit an Accident or Incident Report
- Athletic Training Primer - This video will introduce club officers to what services are provided by the Club Sports Athletic Training staff, concussion education, and heat illness.
- How to Identify an Off-Campus CPR/AED/First Aid Course
- How to Submit Your Completed Sports Physical Form
REPORTING ACCIDENTS & INCIDENTS
- How to Enter Attendance via the IMLeagues Website
- How to Enter Attendance via the IMLeagues App
- How to View Your Roster and Member Eligibility Status
- How to Submit Your Travel Itinerary (to be completed August 17)
BUDGET & FINANCE
H&R BLOCK TAX CONTACT
Mason Recreation is unable to provide tax advice. Club Officers are highly encouraged to establish a relationship with an outside tax professional to assist you. Please see the contact information for a gentleman from H&R Block who is familiar with our program.
- Name: Raymond Girouard
- Contact Number: (703) 385-7592
- Email: email@example.com