Building a community of faith... Leading people to become fully transformed followers of Jesus Christ.
New to Shawnee Alliance or have updated information?
Would you like to know more about the church, submit a prayer request or connect with a pastor? Or maybe you'd like to find out about upcoming groups and events or let us know of a change in contact information? Let us know by filling out a connect card below! We would love to hear from you!
How to Connect With Us
As you're continually called into God's presence, please be reminded of the community we have here. We invite you to reach out and connect with us.
Our website has a brand new look!
Showing up to church on Sunday mornings is important for our transformation... but it can't stop there. Monday through Saturday matter, too. Just as in high school, people are gathered in classes to learn and grow and then move on to the next thing. We gather together to learn and grow together, and then to ask each other What are you called to? We are called to be scattered, to go two by two, maybe group by group, into Lima, Wapak, Spencerville, and whatever community you're a part of. And we don't go alone, we go with each other, and we carry the power of the Holy Spirit with us. Today, together, let's make that choice. We don't just go where we're comfortable, but we go where we're called. What can we as the church do that blesses our community?
Life Transformation happens through discipleship, serving, and making connections with others. Below are some opportunities to join community throughout the week and month!
YouVersion Bible App
Join our church family on YouVersion! Download the app below and search for Shawnee Alliance, set as your home church, and connect with others through our weekly devotionals.
As we walk through each week, watch for updates on social media and in the YouVersion app for new plans! Join in our newest plan below:
Connect with others! Join a Group!
For more details, please see below or visit shawneealliance.com/groups. If you are interested in leading or hosting a small group, please contact Pastor Brian at email@example.com.
New & Updated Groups
Moms in Prayer
Moms and grandmoms of all ages are welcome to join us Friday mornings during the school year at 8:30am in East Campus Room A. Your child can be of any age or situation, just come with a desire to join other moms in prayer for them. Come whenever you'd like; each week will stand on its own.
"Holy Habits" Sunday Morning Bible Study
What do you think of when you hear the term “holy habits”? Depending on your background and personality you may be excited or a little anxious when you think about holy habits, or spiritual disciplines. Holy habits, however, are not as complicated or rigid as you may think. Holy Habits are intentional, Jesus-centered rhythms and decisions, empowered by the Spirit, that showcase our allegiance to God, His church, and His mission of reconciliation. As royal priests, we practice these holy habits so that we can display to the world who Jesus is. Also, it’s not through our own strength that we practice these habits, but through the Holy Spirit’s. Holy Habits meets Sundays, Sept. 10 - Oct. 1, from 10:45am-12pm in East Campus Rooms B-C and is facilitated by Brad Reeder.
StoryTellers is a dance/puppet/drama group open to boys and girls ages 8-18. We lead worship and story time in the Kids Ministry, as well as use liturgical dance for worship in the larger congregation for special occasions. We practice on Sundays 12:30-3pm (except the first Sunday of the month) beginning September 10 in the East Campus Hopeshakers Youth Room. If you have any questions, please contact Abby Calderwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SonRise Seekers Women's Bible Study
We will be starting a new study September 26 called Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy Leigh DeMoss Wolgemuth and Tim Grissom. We have a study book and will be listening to the lesson on video. Women are invited to join us on Tuesday mornings at 6:30am in East Campus Rooms B-C.
High School Girls Small Group
Ladies in grades 8th - 12th grades, please join us for our fall session of High School Girls Small Group! We meet Sundays from 5-6pm in East Campus Room A from Octobfer 8-December 17. We will go through the Bible Study "Redefined". This six-week study is a look at what the Bible says on this new identity. We want to walk you through Scripture and promises from God that will redefine your identity and give you a new understanding of what it means to live as a daughter of Christ who knows whose she is and who she is.
We enjoy conversation and prayer together as we trim and categorize stamps as a fundraiser for our missions efforts. Coffee and snacks are provided. We meet September-May on the 2nd Sat. of each month from 9am-12pm in East Campus Room C. (Join us next on October 14!)
HopeShakers Middle School Youth Group
Beginning Oct. 1, students in grades 5-8 will have the choice of attending at 9:30 or 11am each Sunday to accommodate the growth in this ministry! Our Middle School Youth Group discusses life and Jesus in a fun, understandable way and also meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm until Nov. 15.
Wednesday Night Groups
Join us on Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm beginning August 30 for groups for Adults, Kids & Youth! High schoolers are encouraged to attend adult groups or volunteer in Kids & Youth Ministries or Worship & Tech Team. Whether you’re new to Shawnee Alliance or have been here a long time, getting involved in a group is a great way to join community and deepen your faith! Click on a specific group to learn more:
- Women (and Men) of the Word - East Campus Sanctuary
- Living by the Book - Avenue56 Room F
- Bible Institute - Rooms B-C
- "Iron Sharpens Iron" Men's Group - Boy Scout Room L
- Divorce Care - Conference Room H
- Grief Share - Hopeshakers Youth Room D (Thursdays are also available)
- Ruthless Elimination of Hurry - Room A (begins Sept 27)
Interested in Volunteering during Wednesday Activity Nights? Click below!
Ongoing Weekly Groups
- Sunday Partners in Prayer Team - Sunday during 9:30 or 11:00am services
- Life in the Spirit - Sundays from 9:30-10:45am
- "Holy Habits" Bible Study - Sundays from 10:45am-noon, Sept. 10-Oct. 1
- Pickleball - Sundays from 3-6pm
- Aerobic Walking Exercise Class - Monday-Friday from 8-9am
- Retired Men's Prayer Group - Mondays from 9-10:30am
- SonRise Seekers Women's Bible Study - Tuesdays from 6:30-8am
- Gingersnaps - Tuesdays from 9-11am
- Tuesday Open Gym Volleyball - Tuesdays from 6-10pm
- Moms in Prayer - Fridays until June 7 from 8:30-9:30am
- Stamp Ministry - 2nd Saturdays September-May from 9am-12pm
Ongoing Monthly Groups
- Sunday Partners in Prayer Team - Sundays at 8:20am or 8:45am
- Keenagers - 2nd Tuesdays at 11:30am
- Sewing Group - meets 2nd & 4th Mondays from 9am-2pm
Don't see a group you'd like to attend? Contact Pastor Brian at email@example.com if you're interested in leading your own!
Thank you to Shawnee Alliance Church and families for supporting our very first season of Upward Volleyball!
It was an absolute joy to watch the four teams of youth come together to learn the sport and create great friendships and team camaraderie in the process! I am so very appreciative to the coaches and referees that stepped up to lead so well in instructing the kids in the details of the sport, but even more, in teaching about sportsmanship, grace & Jesus. I look forward to season two next summer and pray for God to lead more families into this great ministry and sport! - Jessica McCullough
Partner with LifeWise Shawnee in a variety of ways!
Baptism at Martin's Pond
We had 24 Baptisms in August! We love hearing stories of God transforming hearts. We are so excited for these children and adults who took steps of faith and obedience to follow Jesus more closely!
"He has been teaching me that He's not giving up on me." - Kelly Adlesh
"He's teaching me patience... I want to get Baptized because I want to follow Jesus forever!" - Benjamin Browning, age 8
"I've been fighting Him, and this is my way of letting go and following Him instead of myself." - Thomas Shoemaker
Here at Shawnee Alliance, we have multiple opportunities to support missions. We strive to build HIS kingdom here, and we won’t stop until the job is done!
God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called.
If you have any questions about Missions, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this season of going back to school and activities, let's take the time to pause and connect to our source of life, Father God.
"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." Jeremiah 33:3
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
As we lift up students and teachers in prayer this new school year, here are some topics to guide your prayer time:
- Godly friendships
- Wisdom and understanding while learning at school
- Respectful relationships with teachers and other faculty
- Healthy relationships with classmates and other students
- Peace during stressful times like tests and quizzes
- Feeling God’s presence during school and the courage to share that relationship with those around them
Current Volunteer Opportunities
There are many opportunities to get more involved by serving together! Check out the list of volunteer opportunities below! Fill out a volunteer form or a connect card and our staff would be glad to connect you in serving at Shawnee Alliance or in our community in a way that uses your gifts, talents and passions!
5th Quarter is free fun, games, and pizza for students in grades 5-8 after Shawnee home football games on Fridays, Sept 22 and Oct 6. Due to the massive turnout of students, volunteers are always needed! If you're interested in helping with check-ins, food and drinks, cleanup or to monitor indoor and outdoor activities, please register for as many dates as you'd like! Volunteers are requested from 8:30-11:30pm. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Josh at email@example.com.
Trunk-N-Treat is our largest community outreach. The fun happens on October 25! If you'd like to be a part of blessing thousands of our neighbors, please register by October 22 to decorate a trunk, be a candy runner, help with parking, be on the clean up crew, or help with bounce house supervision. We are also accepting candy donations in the church lobbies Oct 1-22 and monetary donations for candy below. Thank you!
Operation Christmas Child
Please join us in supporting Operation Christmas Child as we work together to impact children across the world for Jesus!
Grab an empty box from one of the display tables between Oct. 22-Nov. 12, fill the box with a quality "Wow" item, school supplies, hygiene items and small toys. Avoid liquids, war-like items, and food as these items are considered contraband and will block boxes from entry into countries.
Pay the $10 shipping using the self adhesive label's QR code and use the Operation Christmas Child website in early December to find out where in the world your box was sent! Water filters will be added to shoeboxes as supplies allow on a first returned, first filled basis, so please get your boxes in early!
- Donate toward Water Filters or Shoebox Shipping at shawneealliance.com/donate
- Click Here to Build a Shoebox Online!
Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact Marcail Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
A new season of Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is in the works, and we're looking for volunteers who are interested in helping with this exciting ministry for grades K-4! If you are interested in being a coach, referee, helping with setup/teardown, scoreboard, running concessions or cleanup, please register as a volunteer beginning October 1st. Thank you! We look forward to serving together!
Court Appointed Special Advocates is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advocating for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. By providing trained volunteers to serve as Court Appointed Special Advocates, CASA ensures that these children have a voice and someone who genuinely cares about their well-being throughout the complex and often overwhelming legal process.
- LifeWise Shawnee - We are consistently expanding our Bible-based education for students in grades 1-6 during the school day! Come join us!
- Worship & Tech Teams - Lead the congregation into worship through singing, playing instruments, or running sound, projection, lighting or cameras
- Kids & Youth Ministries - Help with Birth-12th grade ministries and events
- Prayer Team
- Go on a Mission Trip
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen - serve lunch to the community
- Hospitality Team - make coffee, greet people, usher or drive the shuttle
Remember, you can reach out to our staff at any time by filling out a connect card at the bottom of our website!
New Ministry Ideas
Maybe you're looking to serve in a different way. Do you see a need in our community or church family that God is placing on your heart to begin meeting? What next step is God calling you toward?
If God is calling us to something, it's worth doing, and it's worth doing well.
Do you have an idea for a new ministry? Please fill out the form below. We'd love the opportunity to walk alongside you and help determine next steps.
Bible Reading Plan
Bring transformation to your life by reading your Bible! You will get to know Jesus on a deeper level and learn wisdom for your everyday choices.
You can find a free Bible in any of our church lobbies. Please feel free to take one when you're with us at church on Sunday or download the YouVersion app on your phone.
Use this simple SOAP format to guide your interaction with God's Word:
- Scripture. Take your time reading each chapter and allow God to speak to you.
- Observation. What do you see God doing in the Scripture? What is God saying to you?
- Application. Ask yourself how you can apply this to your life right now.
- Prayer. Communicate with God and ask Him to help you apply this to your life.
Try adding a chapter from Proverbs every day to the below plan! This list is also posted every Sunday on our Facebook page.
- Thursday, September 14 - Luke 23
- Friday, September 15 - Proverbs 28
- Saturday, September 16 - Psalm 32
- Sunday, September 17 - Philemon 1:17-21
- Monday, September 18 - Matthew 5
- Tuesday, September 19 - Luke 6
- Wednesday, September 20 - Romans 12
- Thursday, September 21 - 1 Corinthians 4
- Friday, September 22 - Psalm 35
- Saturday, September 23 - Acts 7
- Sunday, September 24 - Luke 10
- Monday, September 25 - Isaiah 43
- Tuesday, September 26 - John 16
- Wednesday, September 27 - 2 Chronicles 16
- Thursday, September 28 - Hosea 2
- Friday, September 29 - 1 Samuel 18
- Saturday, September 30 - 1 Samuel 19
- Sunday, October 1 - 1 Samuel 20
- Monday, October 2 - 2 Samuel 14
- Tuesday, October 3 - Isaiah 16
- Wednesday, October 4 - Psalm 147
- Thursday, October 5 - Jeremiah 30
- Friday, October 6 - Nehemiah 1
- Saturday, October 7 - Psalm 68
- Sunday, October 8 - John 4
- Monday, October 9 - 1 Corinthians 6
- Tuesday, October 10 - Matthew 10
- Wednesday, October 11 - Isaiah 43
- Thursday, October 12 - Jonah 1
- Friday, October 13 - Jonah 2
- Saturday, October 14 - Jonah 3
- Sunday, October 15 - Jonah 4
- Monday, October 16 - Acts 28
- Tuesday, October 17 - Psalm 46
- Wednesday, October 18 - Mark 8
- Thursday, October 19 - Ruth 1
- Friday, October 20 - Ruth 2
- Saturday, October 21 - Ruth 3
- Sunday, October 22 - Ruth 4
- Monday, October 23 - Hebrews 10
- Tuesday, October 24 - Acts 20
- Wednesday, October 25 - 1 Corinthians 1
- Thursday, October 26 - Romans 10
- Friday, October 27 - James 5
- Saturday, October 28 - Romans 12
- Sunday, October 29 - Ephesians 4
- Monday, October 30 - Proverbs 16
- Tuesday, October 31 - Proverbs 37
Thank you for giving to the ministries of Shawnee Alliance Church. Through your generosity and faithfulness, we continue to see life transformation happen in our church, community, and around the world!
Ways to Give
- Online at shawneealliance.com/donate
- Church Center App - download today
- In Person - place check or cash in offering box after Sunday services
When the Lord has blessed you and you want to give over and above your regular giving, here are some of the ways you can invest in the church and the community:
- LifeWise - bring Jesus to Shawnee Schools!
- Missions - bring Jesus to the world!
- Building Fund - help us expand our ministries!
Thank you for your generosity and partnership with our ongoing ministries!
Keenagers Luncheon - September 12 at 11:30am
Pastor's Dessert - September 17 at 6:30pm (register by September 10)
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen - Volunteer Thursday - September 21 at 11am
5th Quarter - September 22 following the Shawnee Home Football Game
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen Volunteer Tuesday - September 26 at 11am
5th Quarter - October 6 following the Shawnee Home Football Game
High School Girls Small Group - Sundays beginning Oct. 6 from 5-6pm in Room A
Stamp Trimming - October 14 at 9am in East Campus, Rooms B & C
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen - Volunteer Thursday - October 19 at 11am
Congregational Meeting - October 22 at 6:30pm in the East Campus Sanctuary
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen Volunteer Tuesday - October 24 at 11am
Trunk-N-Treat - October 25 at 6:30pm
Connected Women Tea - November 10 from 6-8pm in the Activity Center
Faith Christian Church is hosting an informational "End of Life Planning" series. Sessions are on September 21, October 19, and November 16, at 2223 Shawnee Rd. A free light dinner will be served at 6:30pm with the program starting at 7pm on each date. Please click below or call 419-229-4136 for more information about these helpful planning tools.