262 O'Connor Street
Presenting a nostalgic vision from 1924, this Craftsman seamlessly melds period charm with contemporary updates on a rare, more than one-third acre. The inviting curb appeal is enhanced by an extra-deep front yard accessed through an arbor-covered gate and front porch with tapered columns, setting the tone for the home's signature Craftsman style. Enter to the home through a true divided light front door flanked by matching side lights.
Oak floors grace the main level, while the upper level showcases Douglas fir floors characteristic of the era. The living room, retaining its original elegance with coved ceiling, serves as a formal gathering space now illuminated with modern recessed lighting. The windows feature wavy glass and true divided lights adorned with broad, crisp white moldings and a fireplace is outlined in hand-made Craftsman tiles. Glass-fronted china cabinets beneath classic tapered columns define the entrance to the formal dining room where three all-glass pendants delineate the table space. Throughout, California shutters on the lower window portions blend vintage charm with modern functionality.
The updated kitchen boasts a greenhouse window above the sink, white cabinetry, and contrasting Corian counters with glazed tile backsplashes. Stainless steel appliances include a gas range, dishwasher, and refrigerator. A separate breakfast area, featuring a clear glass globe pendant light and French door to the rear yard, adds to the kitchen's appeal. The heart of the home, the family room, seamlessly flows from the breakfast room offering an ideal space for everyday living. A second fireplace, crafted in natural stone with an elevated hearth, adds period character to the room, and double French doors connect to the rear yard. Completing the main level is a spacious bedroom with vaulted ceiling and lighted fan, accompanied by an adjacent bath with glass-enclosed shower.
Upstairs, three generously sized bedrooms are served by a recently updated bath with large-format tiles, frameless-glass shower with ceiling and hand-held sprays and contemporary vanity. Additional features include a powder room and spacious basement with laundry area and substantial storage space. Parking is located at the rear with a 2-car carport and an additional space accessible via a shared driveway.
The finishing touch is the expansive rear yard with an abundance of patio space, lush lawn for recreational activities, mature foliage, including a redwood grove, and ample room for play and gardening. This home also enjoys a convenient location close to downtown Palo Alto, Stanford University, and Meta headquarters.
Offered at $3,750,000
Design + Features
- Updated circa 1924 Craftsman with of-the-era details
- Extra-large level lot of more than one-third acre (approximately 15,768 square feet)
- Deep fenced front yard with integrated arbor beneath mature trees
- Enchanting covered front porch with classic tapered columns
- 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on two levels plus basement for laundry and ample storage
- Beautiful hardwood or Douglas fir floors throughout
- Spacious front living room features a Craftsman fireplace
- Glass-front cabinetry beneath tapered columns frames the entrance to the dining room
- Bright updated kitchen has Corian countertops, stainless steel appliances, and breakfast area with French door to the rear yard
- Inviting family room with Craftsman tile fireplace, French doors to the rear yard
- Main-level bedroom and adjacent bath with glass-enclosed shower
- Three upstairs bedrooms are served by a remodeled bath with frameless-glass shower
- Other features: powder room; large basement with sink, washer/dryer, and ample storage; parking for 3 cars at the rear of the property accessed via a shared driveway
- Approximately 2,514 square feet on a lot of approximately 15,768 square feet
- Minutes to Stanford University, downtown Palo Alto, and Meta headquarters
- Menlo Park schools: Laurel Elementary, Hillview Middle, Menlo-Atherton High (buyer to confirm)