Assistant Principal's Message
Welcome to Week 10, our final week of Term 3.
It has certainly been a very busy and productive term! I would like to thank all of our dedicated staff for the many extra hours they have given in preparing, and organising our extra curricular activities. These nights have been a wonderful way to showcase our students' talents and learning.
All these activities were extremely successful and that was because of the continuous support we receive from our parents and wider community. We thank you for this and look forward to strengthening this partnership in the future.
The Mercy Day Feast Day is a very special celebration for the Sisters of Mercy and is celebrated on 24th September. This is also a very significant day for St Anne’s as the Mercy Sisters have a very special link to our Mercy House, school history and Albury and the surrounding communities, including Mercy Health. As a school we have a tradition of celebrating this Feast Day and honouring our local Sisters of Mercy with a liturgy and special morning tea. We will continue this tradition in Term 4 and will communicate the date and time with our community as soon as we have finalised this.
Football Colours Day
To celebrate our last day of term we are inviting all children to dress in football colours. Cathie is also preparing footy foods for the canteen which can be ordered through our Qkr! app (see details below).
MacKillop Athletics Carnival
Yesterday we had a number of students compete in the MacKillop Athletics Carnival in Sydney. All students enjoyed a great day of competition and a big congratulations goes Cruze who was awarded a bronze medal for Junior Boys High Jump.
To conclude I would like to thank everyone for their support during Bede’s absence, in particular all the staff.
I hope all families and staff have a very well deserved relaxing and enjoyable holiday enjoying this amazing weather. You all deserve it!
Thank you again.
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Maths Learning Walks: Anita Stibbard (CEDWW Senior Education Officer Teaching & Learning - Primary)
As a follow-up to our Maths staff meeting led by Anita, she is visiting our classrooms today (Tuesday) to observe and support teachers in implementing high quality and effective teaching and learning activities in Mathematics. Anita will be available to provide feedback to teachers, with a focus on effective questioning.
English: Year 5 - Implementing the Digital Curriculum
On Monday, Gemma Burke worked with the Year 5 teachers to continue the implementation process of the Digital English Syllabus across our school.
The St Anne’s Country Fair is getting very close and the FUNdraising Committee are working very hard on the final preparations. Detailed information regarding the Fair will be shared with families over the coming days via Compass.
- Tuesday 19th September - School Council meeting
- Friday 22nd September - Last Day of Term 3
- Friday 22nd September - Footy Food Day (children may wear football team coloured clothes)
- Monday 9th October - First Day of Term 4
- Thursday 12th October - Year 6 'Boys to the Bush' excursion (details will be shared via Compass, please note that this event is for all Yr. 6 students)
- Friday 13th October - Country Fair
- Tuesday 17th - Wednesday 18th October - Yr 5 Ballarat Excursion
- Wednesday 25th October - Kinder 2024 Transition Session #1
- Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th November - Kinder 2024 Transition Session #2
- Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th November - Kinder 2024 Transition Session #3
- Monday 13th - Wednesday 15th November - Yr 6 Canberra Excursion
- Wednesday 29th November - Kinder 2024 Transition Session #4
- Friday 1st December - school fees to be paid in full by this date
- Monday 11th December - Yr 6 Graduation (details to be advised)
- Thursday 14th December - Kinder Nativity (time to be advised)
- Friday 15th December - Last Day of 2023 School Year
Lions Club Public Speaking - State Champions
Two of our students have been crowned the winners of a state-wide competition for Years 3 & 4 (Juniors) and Years 5 & 6 (Seniors). Oakley and Ethan were successful against other representatives from all different towns in Victoria and southern NSW. Their outstanding talent impressed all present and the judging panel were full of praise. They each received a winner’s certificate and a medal and as the overall champions were provided with an inscribed trophy which is held until next year’s competition. The sponsoring Lions Club of Lavington is very proud of both Oakley and Ethan and thank St Anne’s School for their involvement and co-operation. Well done to all concerned for such an outstanding achievement.
Congratulations Ethan and Oakley!
School fees are to be paid in full by Friday, 1 December.
Any families experiencing genuine financial hardship may contact the office to organise a meeting to discuss their fees.
We are seeking out all the homecooks in our school community who would like to donate homemade treats for our Bake Stall at our upcoming Country Fair. Please fill out the Google form in the link below if you are able to help.
We ask that all donations are delivered to the canteen on Friday October 13th (day of the fair) before 3pm and that your homemade treats are packaged in disposable packaging, on a paper plate and secured with a tied freezer bag (please no plastic containers that need to be returned). Please ensure you label your goodies with their name and also a list of ingredients used. As always we ask that all donations are nut free.
Spinning Wheel Donations
Whenever possible, please support the businesses who have generously donated vouchers and goods for our Country Fair.
Year 5 & 6 Camps
Next term, our Year 5 students will be travelling to Ballarat and our Year 6 students will be going to Canberra. Initial information regarding these camps including costs (and payment plan details) have been shared with parents of these children. Consent and payment are to be made via Compass.
Absences for after-school-care
If your child attends after-school-care and they are absent from school, please remember to advise the care provider. We often have providers waiting/searching for children who are absent from school.
A reminder to families that if your child will be away for 10 or more consecutive school days (eg. for a family holiday), then you will need to submit an 'Application for Extended Leave'. See the 'Compass Attendance' information towards the end of this newsletter for further details.
Volunteering at school
We are very grateful for the assistance that parents/grandparents provide in our school. Any helpers/volunteers (including canteen, sport, fundraising and classroom helpers) will need to either -
- Provide the details of their Working With Children Check (if they have one). We require full name, date of birth, WWCC number and WWCC expiry date. These details need to be verified before a volunteer can help in our school, so please email this information to the office (email@example.com) well in advance.
- Complete a CEDWW Volunteers Declaration and show an identity document (eg. drivers licence). These forms are available from the office. This declaration needs to be completed annually, therefore anyone who completed a form last year will need to complete a new form.